You’ve got questions! Here are the answers.
Is your home always spotless?
Heck no, every single day there’s a mess. And sometimes it gets embarassingly messy. BUT…my messes are fast to clean up. My home and office are super functional, meaning, there’s a flow to accomplish things AND I’ve eliminated the frustrating parts. If it ain’t easy, it gets changed.
So tell me how this works…and does it work? organizing by video???
It works! I’m like your personal trainer making you show up for your workout. When you have to meet someone for a specific reason, it heightens your ability to focus for longer periods of time. We both get on Skype or FaceTime for your private organizing sessions and show me what you’ve got going on! Together, we decide what to do first. We’ll take turns leading, so you can work on what you feel like working on, and I’ll tell you what and how to do a few things to keep the process moving smoothly. I’ll be right there to keep you going, helping you make decisions, giving feedback, etc.
How much stuff are you willing to deal with? Do you work with hoarders?
I can handle a lot of stuff, but nope, I don’t work with hoarders. No judgement there, but hoarders can’t let go of stuff. You’re SO-READY to get rid of stuff. And, you finally have the time to stop and get it done. I work with people like you. No one knows how much the disorganization embarasses you and hurts you on the inside.
Messy situations happen, it’s life. But the majority of people aren’t true hoarders, they simply had a lot happening, and other priorities, so everything got thrown in a room, or wherever, to keep the rest of the home sane. Which is smart, and I’d recommend that in a heartbeat. Sure, you may question if you have a slight hoarding problem, but you’re ready to get rid of stuff. Hoarders don’t get rid of stuff.Melody Granger, Professional Organizer
Does any of the following sound like you? If so, you may be my next perfect client…
- If your home is mostly presentable when someone visits, then I’d probably walk in and say, “Your home looks GREAT! where is it at?” Then, you’d take me on the tour to see the hidden challenging area(s).
- If you have one or more catch-all storage areas, like a guest room, office, utility room, or closet/cabinets but it’s not overflowing into the main areas of your home, or at least, it’s not seen by people!
- If you have mixed up, piled up, stashed paper work you need sorted and organized into a system. Including personal and/or business. Systems for your business financial records are a MUST so tax time doesn’t kill you.
- If you own more than one piece of property – rental properties, vacation homes, parents home, business, jewelry, valuable art, vehicles, etc – then we can get all your important papers sorted and organized.
- If your closets need some TLC, then I can help you clean out and re-organize items. Containers or sytems are recommended, as needed.
Do you work with children?
Nope. Most of my clients have adult children, a later in life child who is getting older, or they haven’t started their families yet. On the rare occasion I do work with someone who has children, they have a growing business and need to be professionally in order behind-the-scenes. The focus is on themselves, not the child.
Side note: the kids don’t usually have the problem, the parents do. Soooo, if you have a child, then you are going to model to them how to clean out and organize things, by doing it for yourself with your own things. Talk out loud when you purge and organize, so they can understand how you come to your decisions. They learn from you. I’ll work with you on your things and, yes I’ll give advice for your kid’s things, too. Private clients get the opportunity to ask me questions about ANY area of the home. 😉 I specialize in office organization, closet clean outs and creating zen rooms. Your kids are going to LOVE it. They’ll see and feel the difference in you and in your home! Promise.
How much do you charge for professional organizing services?
It depends on how much transformation you want in your life and/or growth in your business. They range from $4500 down to $497. My most popular package is $1497. You’ll have package options to choose from, and I’m happy to send you the choices after we’ve chatted. I’ll have questions for you and you’ll have questions for me. Some people aren’t the right fit. Let’s see if you are. Contact me for a complimentary Jump-Start strategy session. At the very least, you’ll receive some advice on actions you can take immediately that will help you tremendously. There’s no obligation to chat! It’s inspiring, too.